Problem Based Learning Certification
Problem Based Learning (PBL) is a state-of-the-art educational approach originally used by medical school. PBL is emerging as the most dynamic and engagin form of learning for officers of all ranks. This intensive, one-of-a-kind, 10-day course is described as one of the most challenging courses in policing today. PBL is student based and uses real life problems to help students learn how to solve problems and think in creative ways. Susccessful candidates will be certified PLB instructors joining an elite group of police educators centered at the Police Society for Problem Based Learning.
Assiniboine Community College (ACC) in collaboration with the Police Society for Problem Based Learning (PSPBL) offer this course to start your training as a PBL facilitator. At the end of this course you will acquire a Level I and start the work to acquire Level II after practicing the different techniques for one year.
You Will Learn
- How to use PBL to help students self-discover course materials and take ownership of their own learning.
- How to use the tools of Police PBL: the ill-structured problem, the cohort learning group, tutoring and mentoring, emotional intelligence, and the evaluation rubic.
- How to encourage students to think creatively and think on their feet in a competent and confident manner.
- How to coach students to resolve neighborhood problems in collaboration with the community.
- How to help police recruits become confident, safe and ethnical officers.
Who Should Attend
- Academy instructors and managers
- Field training officers and patrol supervisors
- Educators in criminal justices and policing
June 15 – 26, 2015
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m (Monday to Friday)
Click the image to view in Google maps.
- There is a cafeteria on site.
- There are restaurants within a short drive.
This is a 2 weeks course.
To register please e-mail, fax or mail registration form with payment method. For more information:
Toll Free: 800.862.6307 ext 6072
1430 Victoria Avenue East
Brandon, MB, Canada R7A 2A9
- Money Order (Canadian Funds)
- Invoice to Company
FOR MORE REGISTRATION INFORMATION CLICK HERE:ACC PBL Instructor Certification